Plastic Fabrication Materials
Envision Plastics uses many types and grades of material for plastic fabrication. Most are RoHS compliant, but some general purpose materials may not be. If your product needs to be RoHS compliant please specify during product development discussions. Most materials we use are also UL rated. For more information about UL fire ratings and other data specifications please visit out materials specification page. Here are some of the materials we stock and/or can get from local suppliers:
- ABS - Available in may different grades, thicknesses, types, and textures.
- Polycarbonate (Lexan / Makrolon) - Clear is most common however other grades and colors are available is several thicknesses (sign grade, anti-static, etc.)
- Acrylic (Acrylite / Plexiglas) - Clear is most common but is also available in other colors and grades (abrasion resistant, etc.)
- Styrene (HIPS) - Both regular polystyrene and high impact polystyrene are availble for fabrication needs.
- Expanded PVC (Komatex / Sintra) - These materials are available in a few standard colors and thicknesses
- PVC (Komadur) - Type 1 and Type 2 PVC are available as well and name brands such as Komadur.
- HDPE - A couple choices include "natural" HDPE and also Marineboard which comes in a few colors and has texture on boths sides.
- UHMW - A strong abrasion resistant material available in a variety of thicknesses.
- ACM (Dibond / Alupanel)- Aluminum Composite Materials are available in a few different brands, colors, and thicknesses.
- PETG - Generally priced between acrylic & polycarbonate. The clarity of PETG approaches that of acrylic, and has impact resistance similar to polycarbonate.